Supply Chain Optimization Consulting
Supply Chain Optimization Consulting Services
Our highly experienced supply chain specialists have all held corporate management roles, with both users and providers of logistics. Their comprehensive knowledge of the industry allows them to implement effective processes to reduce inventory and operating costs while improving response times and quality of products.
OPTIMUM SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTION
Supply chain configuration is not straightforward and constantly changing, compounded by companies with multiple products and markets. Factors determining the optimum supply chain strategy include the following:-
- Manufacturing cost by location for particular batch sizes
- Transportation cost
- Manufacturing lead time
- Delivery lead time
- Stockholding requirement
- Optimum location of stocks of finished products
- Stockholding and order fulfilment costs
With advanced modelling and planning skills our supply chain consultants are able to assist companies evaluate and design optimum supply chain solutions. Our knowledge of global supply chain service providers enables us to address issues of cost and service levels.
AREAS OF SUPPLY CHAIN CONSULTANCY SUPPORT INCLUDE:
- Implication of different manufacturing strategies on cost and service levels
- Required stocking levels to achieve specific levels of product availability
- Optimum infrastructure to meet specific service requirements regarding stockholding and cross docking locations
- Trade off between reduced manufacturing costs and increased stockholding for increased manufacturing batch sizes
- Trade off between reduced stockholding and order lead times for air freight versus increased stockholding and order lead times for sea freight
- Trade off between lower warehousing and order fulfilment costs for low cost area versus increased transportation costs
With the choice of manufacturing and stockholding locations continually increasing, the challenge to design the optimum supply chain configuration has never been greater. Our supply chain consultants can assist in unravelling the complexity providing both analytical and practical advice..